Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cultivate a Do it Now Attitude

So, I totally failed to keep my commitment from last week. I didn't ponder about where I want to be in 5 years. I didn't write down my 2020 Vision. But I had something on my mind this week that helped me to seek to improve. It was another concept that drove me on my mission. The idea of cultivating a do it now attitude.

I am prone to stress out about things - especially getting things done. I am also really good at procrastinating - which doesn't help with stress levels. While on my mission, I realized this and did my best to take time everyday to do the little things I needed to do, whether it was write down a thought, or make a simple phone call.

This week there were a lot of little things that I needed to do, and also some bigger ones. For some reason the do it now attitude idea was in my head. As I tried to adhere to my conscience and "do it now," I found that life went a little smoother and I didn't get behind on my homework and readings.

Here I am at the end of the week nearly done with all of my assignments, relatively stress free, and have more time to relax this weekend.

I am going to continue this next week to "do it now" and not let little things pass to tomorrow and add up to bigger things down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Having visions and setting goals are the way to achieving potential. Reading your post made me want to go sit down and make some goals of my own even though you hadn't followed through to do it entirely either. Some people plan parties with more purpose and sincerity than they do their own direction in life. I don't want to be one of those people. I'm gonna go "ponder the path of my feet" this afternoon. Thanks for they inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate this post. I struggle with procrastination and then stressing about what I'm procrastinating. Clearly, not a great cycle to get stuck in. When I get stuck in situations like those, I find that remembering President Hinckley's words help me, though they're not exactly how he intended them: "Forget yourself, and go to work." If I forget myself, all the little pointless distractions that fill my time, and actually go to work, then life turns out better in the end. Usually I end up with time to still do things for me, and I get to do them without being stressed about what I haven't done. It's a win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete